Grant's Farm was settled in the mid-1700's. The original 25 acres were a grant from King George to Benjamin Grant of Scotland. After moving to America, the Grant Family raised sheep as they did in Scotland. As time progressed, they began dairy farming. In 1959 the dairy cows were sold and the farm began raising beef cows and mixed crops. In 1980, the business changed again and Grant's Farm became what it is today- a 100% vegetable operation.
Currently run by Rick Grant and his son Ben, generations 7 and 8, the farm is GAP certified in food safety and are members of Hannaford's Close to Home program.
We are also winners of the 2011 Outstanding Farm of the Year award from the York County Soil & Water Conservation District.